How to create a force plate file
Kistler Model #9286AA
This example illustrates the procedure for creating an analog file for a single Kistler force platform (Model #9286AA) in English units (Length = Inches, Force = Pounds).
NOTE: Entries marked with an asterisk (*) indicate that these numbers may vary depending on the particular user application.
1. From the main APAS Analog menu, select FILE, NEW to create a new *.ANA file. Select the Drive and Directory where the file will be located. Then enter the file name and select the OPEN button to proceed. (NOTE: In this example, the file has been named KIST9286.ana).
2. Use the Parameter Bar to set the following parameters:
Last Channel (LastCh): H1 (8 channels total)
Trigger Channel (TrigCh): E1 (Trigger from the Z force)*
Period: 5 seconds*
Sample Rate (Rate/Ch): 1000 samples/second/channel*
Trigger Level (TrigLev): 25 lbs*
Pre-Trigger Percent (PreTrig%): 10%*
3. Select OPTIONS, CHANNELS to specify the Channel Information for the active analog channels.
Description: Channel description or name.
Units: Units to be displayed on analog data outputs.
Unit/Volt: Conversion factor used to calculate analog signals.
Offset: Signal level in volts corresponding to zero in the units of that channel.
4. Select OPTIONS, PLATES, KISTLER to activate the software drivers for the KISTLER force platform.
Length Units: Inch*
Force Units: Lbs*
1st Plate Channel: A1*
Transducer Separations: x: 35cm/13.78in y: 55cm/21.65in
Transducer Depth z: 2.2cm / 0.866in
Width: 40cm/15.75 inches
Length: 60cm/23.62 inches
X/Y Setting: 250 Nt*
Z Setting: 2500 Nt*
5. Select OK to Calculate Plate Conversion Factors.
This will automatically update the Units/Volt entry in the Channel Information Table.
Click in the 1st column for Channel C1 (Z direction force)
Click in the 2nd column for Channels A1 and B1 (X and Y direction Forces)
Click in the 3rd column for Channels D1, E1 and F1 (X, Y, Z Moments)
This will automatically update the Offset entry in the Channel Information Table.